I’m too tired to write a lot today due to this crappy weather and I didn’t want to hold up this issue for the hungry readers so enjoy.
Some highlights from this issue:
- Responses to the March ’94 Miami issue are hilarious (Editorial and letters)
- My favorite mixtape DJ, Doo Wop, gets a brief feature – I’ll be posting some of his mid 90’s mixtapes one of these days.
- Nas with the hip-hop quotable for “Life’s a B***h”
- Microphone Check with Shyheim, Mac Mall, Schoolly D and E-40
- DJ’s from the Bay Area bring back the artform
- Whatever happened to rappers who can freestyle?
- A discussion about the ‘N’ word – Nas should be reading this article.
Record Report highlights:
- Gangstarr – Hard to Earn (4 mics)
- M.O.P. – To the Death (3.5 mics)
- Hard 2 Obtain – Ism and Blues (3 mics)
- Treacherous Three – Old School Flava (3 mics)
- Dred Scott – Breakin’ Combs (3 mics)
May 1994 issue part 1
May 1994 issue part 2